A TRIBUTE TO MY BELOVED MOM, BATSIRAI DANDADZI
Batsirai Dandadzi
The Woman Who Loved, Healed and Believed in Me
With a heart shattered into pieces, I write these words to bid farewell to a woman I loved dearly—a woman who loved me in return and who, in every way that truly mattered, was my beloved mother: Batsirai Dandadzi.
She was 51 years old and would have celebrated her 52nd birthday on September 19.
Even as I write this, it still feels unreal.
Batsirai was not just family to me. She was Mom.
Though she was my mother's brother's daughter, the bond between us went far beyond family relationships and titles. We loved each other deeply. She cared about me, encouraged me and believed in me. To me, she was my mother.
And now, just like that, she is gone.
The Messages That Remained Unread
Of late, Mom and I had been in constant touch. We talked about my dreams, my music and the future of LGM Music.
She believed in me.
She believed in my vision.
She had even pledged to help me with the production of my LGM Music regalia and assured me that she would do everything within her power to make sure that the LGM Music brand became successful.
That was the kind of person she was—supportive, encouraging and always willing to help those she loved pursue their dreams.
Just a few days ago, I was happily sending her my new songs and videos. But they remained unread.
At first, I was not worried.
I knew Mom as a busy lady, always occupied with her work and her many responsibilities. Yesterday, I sent her another video, and once again it was not opened.
Little did I know that something was terribly wrong.
Then my younger brother, Samuel, told me that he had heard from our uncle—Batsirai's father and our mother's eldest brother—that Mom had been hospitalised after becoming seriously ill with diabetes.
And then, at dawn, came the news that shattered my world.
She was gone.
Just like that.
One moment, I was still sending her my music, hoping she would eventually open the messages and tell me what she thought.
The next moment, I was confronted with the devastating reality that those messages would remain unread forever.
💔😭
A Woman Who Served the People of Makhado
As I began to reflect on Mom's life and search for the full story of the woman we have lost, I discovered something that made me even prouder of her.
Batsirai Dandadzi had an established professional presence in the health and wellness community of Louis Trichardt/Makhado, Limpopo.
She was publicly listed as a reflexologist in Louis Trichardt, associated with Makado Pharmacy in the South African Reflexology directory. Her name and professional contact details were publicly available to people seeking reflexology services in the area.
This tells an important story about who Batsirai was.
She was not merely a woman with dreams and ambitions of her own. She was a woman who had devoted a significant part of her life to the wellbeing of others.
Through her professional work in the health and wellness field, she served people in the Makhado/Louis Trichardt community. Her work was connected with helping people seek relief, comfort and improved wellbeing.
She was serving Makhado.
She had built a professional identity.
She had made her name known.
She had established herself in a field dedicated to human wellbeing.
And every person whose life she touched, every person she helped and every person who found comfort through her work forms part of the legacy she leaves behind.
Her professional contribution to the Makhado community deserves to be remembered.
The Cruel Irony That Breaks My Heart
What makes her passing even more difficult for me to comprehend is the cruel irony of it all.
Here was a woman whose life was centred on health, wellness and helping people.
A woman who understood the importance of caring for the human body.
A woman whose professional work was dedicated to helping others find comfort and wellbeing.
And yet, after she became ill and was hospitalised, she was suddenly taken from us.
It is a reality that is still difficult for me to accept.
Mom, how do I say goodbye to you?
How do I accept that the person who promised to stand with me and help build LGM Music is no longer here to see what we will become?
How do I continue sending you my new songs when I know they will no longer be opened?
How do I celebrate my achievements without wishing that I could tell you about them?
You Were My Mom
You were not just my relative.
You were my Mom.
You loved me, and I loved you.
Our conversations, your encouragement and your belief in me will remain precious memories that I will carry for the rest of my life.
I am devastated that we did not get one last conversation.
I wish I had known that the messages I was sending you would become my final messages to you.
I wish I had known that the silence behind your unread messages meant that you were going through something so serious.
I wish there had been one more opportunity to hear your voice.
One more opportunity to tell you how much I loved you.
One more opportunity to thank you for believing in me.
But perhaps you knew.
Perhaps you knew through every song I sent you.
Perhaps you knew through every video I shared with you.
Perhaps you knew through every conversation we had.
Perhaps you knew that your son loved you deeply.
Your Dream for LGM Music Will Live On
And now, Mom, as you take your final rest, I want you to know this:
Your faith in me will not die.
Your dream for LGM Music will not die.
Your promise to help make this brand successful will live on in my heart and in everything I continue to build.
You may not be physically here to help me produce the LGM Music regalia you promised to support.
But I will remember.
Every time I see LGM Music grow, I will remember you.
Every time I wear the LGM Music regalia we talked about, I will remember you.
Every time I release a new song, I will remember you.
Every time LGM Music takes another step towards success, I will remember that there was a woman named Batsirai Dandadzi who believed in the dream and wanted to see it flourish.
Your belief in me has now become part of my motivation.
Your encouragement has become part of my strength.
Your memory will become part of my journey.
A Legacy That Will Not Be Forgotten
Batsirai Dandadzi was a beloved daughter, a cherished member of her family, a friend, a professional woman and a servant of her community.
In Louis Trichardt and Makhado, she built a professional presence through her work in reflexology and wellness, dedicating herself to the wellbeing of others.
To me, she was something even more precious.
She was Mom.
You may be gone from my sight, Mom, but never from my heart.
Thank you for your love.
Thank you for your support.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for encouraging my music.
Thank you for believing in the future of LGM Music.
Thank you for being my Mom.
Your messages may have gone silent, but your voice will continue to speak in my heart.
Your hands may no longer be here to help me, but the love and encouragement you gave me will continue to guide me.
Rest peacefully, my beloved Mom, Batsirai.
You touched lives.
You served your community.
You were loved.
You are loved.
And you will never, ever be forgotten.
Goodbye, Mom.
Your son, who loved you deeply,
John Mutsengi
The Great GoneX
LGM Music
Rest in Eternal Peace, Dear mom Batsirai Dandadzi. 💔🕊️😭
Comments
Post a Comment